Because life is better when you are not alone... <3

Monday, September 16, 2013

womp womp

Morning! 
I am a bit disappointed on myself, I did not go out for a run yesterday.  =( I know, I let myself down. However, I have an excuse, or two actually; Uruguay is an odd place to live. It is currently winter time here, Spring begins now on September 21st but lately we have been having warm days as it is to be expected. What is not expected is the weather to change from high 50's to the 90's!! that's right!!! believe it or not I was wearing shorts and a tank top yesterday and we had the fan out and everything. Although that is exciting, it hits me badly... my fibromyalgia and my lupus. Had I mentioned that before? yeah well, I was diagnosed with Lupus almost two years ago. I deal with it pretty well actually, the medication does it job right, but both of them can be affected by simple things, such as weather, or if there is any change my daily life, so if I am stressed lupus can be "triggered" and I can have an "episode" where I can't walk due to the swelling of my ankles (any every other joint). So, with that being said, the weather of almost 90 and humidity at 100% made it almost impossible for me to go out for a run in the afternoons as I used to. In addition, did you think I only one excuse? lol no, of course not. Uruguay played against Colombia for a spot in the upcoming World Cup in Brazil, and any Uruguayan can tell you... the country shuts down for a soccer game, of course I was one of the many watching the game and shouting at the goals. Which you must know... we won 2-0 :D 

I have another confession to make... last night not only did I not go out for a run but I had a glass of beer, a glass of coke, and some chips!! Oh, the horror!!!! It's okay though, I'm trying to not be too harsh on myself, as I am back on track today :D One minor set back can not and will not change my goal! 

On another note, I had a meeting at work yesterday where they told me I will be having a mentee with me starting Monday. I am a bit eager and nervous to start this new role, as I am fairly new myself. I do not want to fail, I want to be everything I wanted my mentor to be and wasn't. So at least I have a goal that I want to accomplish, and even if I don't know what to do, I know exactly what NOT do. I will give more details once I have them. 

Before taking off, I just want to add a little note and send out my thoughts and prayers to all of those who lost someone on 9/11/01, this will never be forgotten. I cant help but get goosebumps thinking about it. 
never forgotten

No comments:

Post a Comment