Because life is better when you are not alone... <3

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Its so loud inside my head... with words that I should have said.

I have many things on my mind today... not really having a good attitude, it could be because my working week is one day longer, or it could be because I am pretty freaking tired of this country. I have previously mentioned how different things are here... Early in the morning as I was leaving to work I picked up our electricity bill... I was shocked to see that our amount due was almost $100 USD! I was furious! don't get me wrong, I have no problem paying bills as it is one of the many responsibilities that comes from being an adult. What kills me is that it makes absolutely no sense that we would have to pay that much, if you knew the size of my apartment you would understand. It is tiny, it has a total of 4 light bulbs, there is no AC, no heating, nothing fancy that would make the amount be so high. So you understand my mood... here we are paying almost $100 USD for an utility that, if you were to walk a block down the street you would see all these "hand made houses" stealing the light! What am I doing? apparently paying for the light that others steal. 

What is our government doing? Absolutely nothing! Helping these leeches even more, having even higher deductibles on the paychecks of the working people, raising the taxes of water, electricity, gas, bus tickets, everything. What for? To attempt to fix the mess that this country is? Taking money from those that work hard to improve their way of life to help those that simply don't work, not because they are not able to, but because they choose not. I am all forward to helping those that are impaired, but not those that are lazy. I have worked since I was 15 and made myself the person that I am today, and I do not believe that we should help those that won't help themselves. 

Sometimes I'm like the only person I feel safe to tell it to
I'm locked inside a cell in me, I know that there's a jail in you
Consider this your bailing out, so take a breath, inhale a few
My screams is finally getting free, my thoughts is finally yelling through


I sometimes think about my niece, she is an american citizen, and due to her mother being an illegal alien in the United States, she is now here. Living this life, having to ride in crowded buses and walking on muddy roads. Thankfully she is only 2 and is not aware of her surroundings as much, but what is going to happen when she is grown? I think about that all the time... and dream that we will be able to move back to the states... 

People don't really understand me, they think that I am not a real Uruguayan for saying those things... but truth is I grew up in Atlanta, I have an american culture, an american lifestyle. To me Atlanta is my home... I am not home here. This is not where I want to be. 

Sigh.. 
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment